Videocast Series: Making Retail Smarter
Part I: Achieving Shelf Space Optimization
Confusing Your Customers? That’s not Smart! Learn how smarter store layout and shelf space optimization can strike the right balance between revenue generation & customer experience.
Today, it is critical for Retailers to get as much as possible out of every square foot of space.
This means optimizing that space to maximize sales. To do this you need to collect data on foot traffic and detailed sales information, allocate the correct space to each product category, put the right product categories next to each other, and place SKU's in the right location.
The complexity of this problem increases due to seasonal changes in store product mix, and unique rules and requirements of individual stores.
Join IBM subject matter expert, Michael S. Watson, Ph.D. to learn how to make the most of your shelf space. This webcast will include several examples of how leading retailers have made this happen.
As usual - excellent material from IBM ILOG.
Parts II, III, and IV of this Series to be announced soon.
- Get better performance for lower cost
- Find non-obvious solutions that maximize your value or minimize your costs while observing the many, complex requirements and limitations of your operations
- Optimization produces quantifiable benefits on your bottom line.
- Automating decision processes increases the speed of your responses in today’s accelerating markets and allows your operators and planners to focus on critical complexities rather than on routine issues
- Discover interactions among environmental impacts and other key performance indicators
- Realize opportunities to do things better, more efficiently, more productively.
IBM ILOG Optimization and Supply Chain Solutions leverage the investments you are making in enterprise information technology and business automation
- Turn insights into action